Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Double Rainbows

curtxdrum

Last weekend my daughter and I were driving to the store in the late afternoon. As we slowed down to pull into the parking lot, we saw this man holding his phone out like he was taking a picture of something. We were trying to figure out what on earth he was looking at that he found so fascinating. My daughter turned to face me and say something but all she got out was a gasp of surprise. To our left was a beautiful double rainbow. Both were full arcs and vibrant color.

kellyannedesigns
It was just breathtaking! I quickly parked the car and we got out.

stellarcustomimages
People stopped wherever they were and just stared up at this wonderful site. Employees and customers in the store started pouring out of the doors taking pictures or just gazing skyward.

glitterglassjewelry

Everyone was caught up in the moment. They were chatting and saying what an amazing site it was.

Shutterbug35Hybrid

People were smiling and I have never seen so many happy people doing food shopping.

AdamDglass
You can find many rainbows in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Each one is  beautiful in it's own way. I hope you enjoy these as much as my daughter  and I enjoyed seeing the double rainbow the other day.


 (see I am right side up this week, even if I am under a rainbow)
(jj)

4 comments:

Peppercorns said...

The double rainbow...what a wonderful post jj. These are absolutely beautiful.

VintageEmbellishment said...

We saw a double rainbow in Oregon on one of our trips...since we believe they are a reminder of a promise from God it was an amazing and reassuring moment for us :)

Doodle said...

I thought for sure I was going to see a photo at the end from YOU of that rainbow. Must carry your camera at all times now!

I love rainbows, and yes VE, they always remind me of God's promise.

Hard Drive Repairs East Los Angeles said...

Appreciate yoour blog post