Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sand Pails


I love the beauty of lithographed items.  One of my favorite items are metal sand pails.  I thought I'd share some to be found online.  Clicking on images will take you directly to the items for sale.
 

Above:  From RichardandRuthie on Etsy
 
I found two square ones, I've never seen these before!

Above:  From Dollsantique on Ruby Lane and below from Huxtins:

You can still find them in antique shops and at flea markets, if you are patient!  If not, there's also reproductions now, you can start your own vintage collection for later!
 
Both of these are from Picky Picky Me:

Above is seaside, below is Atlantic City.
 

At the Gatherings, you can find this one:

Stop by and check out this blog post regarding sand pails:

By Completely Coastal on Blogspot.
 
Have a great day!
RWS

5 comments:

jj said...

These sand pails are great. Some of the graphics are just too cute. I like the idea of displaying them on a ladder too.

Peppercorns said...

I love the sand pails too, but the square ones are a real treasure....Another collections RWS? :0)

VintageEmbellishment said...

Awesome, I love finding the old ones but they are so collectible now they are hard to find...at least at a price I can afford :)

Meeling said...

Those are great!! I'm heading to a flea market next weekend...I'll have to keep my eyes open. They'd make a great little accessory for my sewing room.

Great post!

ps. I have a blog giveaway going on...stop by and enter!

Doodle said...

I love those pails. I don't think I've ever seen one before. I'll have to keep my eyes too. Thanks for sharing this RWS!