Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Four Leaf Clover

Mmim
 
In Irish tradition the Shamrock or 3-leaf Clover represents the Holy Trinity: one leaf for the Father, one for the Son and one for the Holy Spirit. When a Shamrock is found with the fourth leaf, it represents God's Grace.

How many times have you found a four leaf clover? Have you ever looked down and just seen one right there, sitting in a patch of clover?
No matter how many times I find one I always pick it and save it. One can never have too much luck…

Arete
I found a site that tells you how to find a four leaf clover. I never knew there was a method to this.


I also found out a little bit of information about these lucky clovers that I didn’t know.
Do you know what each leaf stands for?

One leaf is for FAITH...     The second for HOPE...

The third for LOVE...         And the fourth for LUCK!

almostmonday
                                  
Since where I live it is still rather chilly and the clover has not had a chance to sprout up yet, I did a little searching for four leaf clovers online… and I found a bunch of all different kinds.

Boomwire 
MomWaldsPlace
                 
                                                  


moonspiritstudios



sandystreasure
                                         
                                                 

RagamuffinDesign
                                                                    
                                                                         

ivorybird

               

         Happy St. Patrick’s Day

(jj)

5 comments:

peppercorns said...

I too always pick a four leaf clover if I see one. I never knew what the three or four leaf clovers meant though.

Thanks for the information and the interesting shops. Great post jj.

Linda B said...

I didn't know what they meant either.

Thanks.

j-spivey said...

Great Collection and very interesting information! Thank you for including my Shamrock bracelet in your blog!

goodgosh said...

They are hard to find!
I think you'd look good in that hat.

just sayin'...

Mom Walds Place said...

What a fun place to be! Thanks for including me.