Tuesday, January 11, 2011

THE PAPER BLOSSOM



This flower was so fun and relaxing to make. I was able to work on it off and on, starting and stopping whenever I felt like it. It has been nicknamed "Linda's Blossom" in certain circles. LOL

You begin by cutting out about ten circles of various sizes, however, the more circles you use, the fuller the blossom. I used the craft scissors that make different edges, but you can also tear the edges if you want.


 I then sprayed each circle with water and used thin acrylic paint to color them, using two to four colors on each one.



After the circles dried, I edged them with black using a stamp pad. I find this a fast and easy way to paint the edges of most items.



The next step is to crumple the circles, don't be afraid, the smaller you wad them up the better they look. Smooth them out and stack them together. I started with the larger on the bottom and didn't line them up evenly but stacked them off-center. Using embroidery thread and a button, sew them together. Once finished, I crumpled the entire flower again, and smoothed it out slightly until I thought it looked right.



I then attached the blossom to a kraft paper gift bag.  There are so many fun things you can do with these paper flowers. I hope you have as much fun with them as I did.

pepper

5 comments:

Runs With Scissors said...

This is SO pretty! Nice job, pepper!

VintageEmbellishment said...

I love them, why don't you list some???

goodgosh said...

Oh my gosh. Could it be any prettier? You are so talented. I agree, you should list some....

Jennie said...

Really, really sweet! Thanks so much for sharing your how-to :)

jj said...

wow, this is so pretty pepper!
Yes, are you going to list some? You really should.