Monday, January 17, 2011

I Have A Confession to Make!

I am addicted....to reading!  One of my earliest memories is sitting in church at the age of 3, holding an open hymnal in my hands while the congregation sang and wishing I could READ the words....by 10 years old I had pretty much read every book I thought was interesting in our local library...

I do have some favorite authors whose latest books I always read...let me share some of them with you....

J.D.Robb, a pseudonym for Nora Roberts, writes futuristic mysteries about a woman homicide cop named Eve Dallas...I love this series and have read every one so far....here is a link to the J.D.Robb website where you can learn more about this heroine with a darkness in her past....

http://www.jdrobb.com/about/how.html


Another author on my list is Clive Cussler...whose Dirk Pitt and NUMA series books are always fast paced mysteries set on and under the oceans of the world.  You will hear some great underwater sounds when you visit his website!

http://www.clive-cussler-books.com/


Catherine Coulter is a prolific writer (frequent new books are very important to me), my favorites are her FBI and Contemporary thrillers...this is the next one I have waiting to be read...sounds super exciting!



She also has a romance series if murder mysteries are not your preference :)
http://www.catherinecoulter.com/


My very favorite author is Dean Koontz...while I may wait for the books of other authors to come out in a paperback version,
I always purchase a first edition hardback of each Dean Koontz book as soon as it is available at my local bookstore...his scary, scary, novels are frequently set in Southern California locations that I am familiar with....makes them even scarier for me...LOL!

My favorite book of his is...



but a close 2nd would be Watchers, which was the first Dean Koontz book I read, and I was hooked from the 1st page!

http://www.deankoontz.com/

I have other authors and/or series of books that I also love, the"Left Behind" series for example, but I think I have taken up enough of your time for today :)  Happy Reading!

VE

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I have read lots of Dean Koontz, too! I am a big fan of "series" books as well. I love, love, love John Sandford, Jonathan Kellerman, and Nevada Barr. All of those have great central characters (cop, child psychologist, and park ranger, respectively). Give them a try if you haven't already :)

Peppercorns said...

I too am addicted to reading and it's cool that we have some of the same favorites. I adore J.D. Robb, love Cathrine Coulter, and was held captive by the Left Behind Series!

Also, it means I've gotten to read a lot of books for free. I've spent many happy hours in your "home library". LOL

goodgosh said...

Oh, oh! I LOVE reading a good book! There's nothing better then sitting in the tub reading and forgetting the rest of the world for a while. You know I'm a huge fan of Koontz. Also like a lot of Stephen King ~ Needful Things and Rose Madder come to mind.

Another series you might like is "The Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon. There are 6 books in the series and I was so bummed when she stopped! It's fiction/history/romance all in one and she goes back in time through the circle of stones in Scotland....

Thanks for sharing some of these authors!