Thursday, January 12, 2012

Recycle Your Christmas Cards!


I love getting Christmas cards!  I run to the mailbox like a little kid, just to see who has taken the time to send me a card this year!  I love looking at the cards, reading family newsletters and seeing the photo cards people send. I keep the photo cards to compare them to each other, year after year.  You can see how the family has grown!

But what to do with the other cards?  I just hate the thought of throwing them away each year.  So, I came up with this idea!

 I wasn't sure what I'd think of it once it was done.  All the different colors just mixed up, when I usually plan out these balls with coordinated colors and papers.  Turns out, I like it!
I added a hanger, which I don't have to use but it's there if I decide to use it and then added a tag with the date on it.  Now I have my cards available to look at throughout the years!
VS/RWS

4 comments:

VintageEmbellishment said...

I love this idea....so many neat projects...so little time!

Peppercorns said...

This is so cool....I want one for my birthday. :)

Doodle said...

Those are so cool. You can have a new color for each season, or for each holiday!
Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Dumpster Dude said...

Very good idea, Opens window to improve our creativity.