Thursday, February 3, 2011

Got Snow?

Part of living in the North is dealing with snow. Some times a lot of it.

You know it's not going to be good when you walk into the garage and the snow has made it IN your garage.




The shoveling begins.
One thing I've learned? Do not buy your snow blower from a yard sale. Suck it up and fork it over for a reliable big one that handles more than 2 inches of snow and doesn't conk out every time you turn.  You know why? 
Because as you get older your back and forearms aren't the same as what they used to be and you end up collapsed on the ground when you're done looking at the sky wondering if you'll be able to get back up.

Like this:




Make the best of where you're at.

Peggy ~ Goodgosh ~ GG ~ MSS

5 comments:

- said...

Thanks, we have been doing piles of shoveling here too. We just got another foot or so of snow and I was pleased when I saw my neighbor doing my entire driveway...had to leave them a little crocheted something for all of their hard work. My snowblower is in my shed in need of a tune up.

goodgosh said...

Clara, that is the best feeling when you see a neighbor take pity on you and snow blow you out! Nice to let them know you are thankful with little gifts.
I had to wonder at my neighbors...I laid on my back in the drive for a good 6 minutes and nobody came out to see if I was alive. Ha!
They either know me too well or just didn't look out their windows.

VintageEmbellishment said...

I am guessing they thought you were making snow angels!

What a daunting task to clear all that snow....maybe bears have it right...hibernate!

Peppercorns said...

This brings back memories of the last time I tried to shovel my way out, which was about 5 years ago. I discovered I couldn't lift the shovel when it had snow on it! That was a bummer of a surprise. LOL

gg, I think your neighbors know you, or like VE says, they thought you were making snow angels (yea, right!). :0)

jj said...

Etheral snowangels....

I got to spend the afternoon breaking up the ice so my DH could then try and move the slush and ice with the snow blower...
It worked just took awhile.