Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow days

 Snow days…I love the snow.

JuniperHouseStudio
                  

I like the quiet and peacefulness when it is falling, the sparkles when the sun comes out and shines on it.
I love taking a walk while it is snowing at night. (as long as you avoid the snowplows)
It seems like this year we are getting fresh snowfall every few days. This is okay with me. It keeps the snow looking nice and clean. It doesn’t seem to take long at all for the snow to get all dingy and dirty from all the cars.

summerbreeze

I found some snow related  items and pictures to help remind everyone of the beauty of snow.  Even if you are tired of it already and are chomping at the bit for spring to come, you can’t help but enjoy the prettiness of it.



HappyCloudMoment
                                     

So sit back and take a moment to look at the pretty side of snow, and forget all the shoveling, digging out, commuting …the ugly side of snow.

shabbychicskiboutiq

Carynbay
NatureMandala
                 

theaterclouds
(jj) 
( I apologize for being a little late with the post today)

5 comments:

goodgosh said...

Well, when you put it into words like that and art like that it doesn't seem so bad!
As much snow as we get up here I try to learn to embrace it and see the bright side. Like, it's a darn good workout shoveling, it's a darn good excuse to stay home on days off, it does a darn good job of providing water in the Spring, but most of all, it's darn pretty at night when it sparkles off the streetlights and moon and the branches are each piled up with snow. It's like the world is muffled with a big blanket thrown over it and all is quiet and peaceful.

The cold is darn annoying though. :)

Meeling said...

Lovely finds! I especially love the top piece...the red hearts flying across the sky...too pretty!

Peppercorns said...

I enjoyed your post today jj. You and gg have both given a perfect description of snow, and I miss it.

HappyCloudMoment is a favorite of mine and I adore the magnet from shabbychicskiboutiq.

VintageEmbellishment said...

I have been around snow...even if I do live in California...the snow is best when it comes with a roaring fire in the fireplace and a cup of hot chocolate in the hand!

Love the shops you chose, off to spend more time in them :)

- said...

Just beautiful!